A CONTINUITY ANALYSIS OF INDEPENDENT NURSING CARE DOCUMENTATION USING THE FISHBONE DIAGRAM IN THE TERATAI ROOM NORTH 2ND FLOOR X HOSPITAL, JAKARTA
Quality nursing care documentation based on facts, accurate, complete, concise, organized, timely, easy to read, and continuity. Continuity of nursing care is fulfilled if the range of health services is appropriate, the availability of quality caregivers professionals and information related to patient care are delivered on an ongoing basis. The method used is a case study with observation, interviews, secondary data and document review. This study that is an innovation project, uses a fish bone diagram approach to identify the causes of the discontinuity independent nursing care documentation. Documentation of evaluation of independent nursing care for the development of patients in the midwifery and ginecology room in X Hospital in Jakarta has not reflected the continuity of nursing care. The causes include the lack of optimal competence in providing independent nursing care, not optimal nursing manager functions. The continuity is overcome by optimizing the nursing manager's function by making SOP note integrated patient development, revision of midwife's job description, revision of guide to nursing practice, electronic-based documentation system, placing midwives in accordance with the service area the authority and standard of the profession, the structured supervision schedule, and make sure the midwife's job description is in accordance with the policy.
1. Potter. & P. Fundamentals of Nursing. 2 nd editi. Australia: Mosby-Elseveir; 2009.
2. Vabo G, Slettebø Å, Fossum M. An Evaluation of an Action Research Nursing Documentation Project. J Clin Nurs [Internet]. 2016;(4604):842–4. Available from: http://doi.wiley.com/10.1111/jocn.13389
3. Ross J. Effective Communication Improves Patient Safety. J PeriAnesthesia Nurs [Internet]. 2018;33(2):223–5. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jopan.2018.01.003
4. JCI. Joint Commission International Accreditation Standards for. 6th editio. USA: Department of Publications Joint Commission Resources; 2017.
5. Liu C, Chang S, Cheng P. Relationship between prenatal care and maternal complications in women with preeclampsia : Implications for continuity and discontinuity of prenatal care. Taiwan J Obstet Gynecol [Internet]. 2012;51(4):576–82. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.tjog.2012.09.013
6. Mayhew MS. Medication Reconciliation and Discontinuity of Care. J Nurse Pract [Internet]. 2010;6(1):61–2. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.nurpra.2009.10.012
7. J WC. Qualitative Inquiry & Research Design: Choosing Among Five Approaches [Internet]. Second edi. Vol. 11, Australasian Emergency Nursing Journal. London: Sage Publications; 2008. 100 p. Available from: http://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S157462670800027X
8. Giovagnoli S. A new model of Ishikawa diagram for quality assessment A new model of Ishikawa diagram for quality assessment. 2016;
9. RS X. Catatan Perkembangan Pasien Terintegrasi (CPPT). Jakarta; 2018. (Tidak dipublikasikan).
10. Nursing Commitee X Hospital. Hasil Audit Dokumentasi Asuhan Keperawatan. Jakarta: RS X; 2018.
11. Wang N, Yu P, Hailey D. The quality of paper-based versus electronic nursing care plan in Australian aged care homes : A documentation audit study. Int J Med Inform [Internet]. 2015;84(8):561–9. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmedinf.2015.04.004
12. Johnson L, Edward K, Giandinoto J. A systematic literature review of accuracy in nursing care plans and using standardised nursing language. Collegian [Internet]. 2018;25(3):355–61. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.colegn.2017.09.006
13. Kim H, Dykes PC, Thomas D, Winfield LA, Rocha RA. A closer look at nursing documentation on paper forms : Preparation for computerizing a nursing documentation system. Comput Biol Med [Internet]. 2011;41(4):182–9. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.compbiomed.2010.08.006
14. Jefferies D, Johnson M, Nicholls D. Nursing documentation : How meaning is obscured by fragmentary language. Nurs Outlook [Internet]. 2011;59(6):e6–12. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.outlook.2011.04.002
15. Marquis, B.L. & H. Leadership roles and management functionsin nursing. Theory and application. Philadelphia: Lippincott Willian &Walkins Marquis, B. L., & Huston,. (8th ed. ). Canada: Lippincot Williams & Wilkins; 2015. 2015 p.
16. Kemenkes RI. KEPUTUSAN MENTERI KESEHATAN REPUBLIK INDONESIA TENTANG REGISTRASI DAN PRAKTIK BIDAN MENTERI KESEHATAN REPUBLIK INDONESIA ,. 2002;
17. Keperawatan K. Pedoman Pelayanan Asuhan Keperawatan. Jakarta; 2012.
18. Tuinman A, Greef MHG De, Krijnen WP, Paans W, Roodbol PF. Accuracy of documentation in the nursing care plan in long-term institutional care. Geriatr Nurs (Minneap) [Internet]. 2017;38(6):578–83. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gerinurse.2017.04.007
19. RS X. Uraian Tugas Penanggung Jawab. Jakarta: Tidak dipublikasikan; 2017 p. F/039/003/R/03.
20. Menkes 2007. KMK RI No.369/ Menkes/SK/III/2007 Tentang Standar Profesi Bidan. Jakarta: Kementerian Kesehatan RI; 2007.