Explosion Teeth Box Promotion Based-Media Model Towards Changing Tooth Brushing Behavior among Primary School Students
Keywords:Elementary school students, explosion teeth box, tooth brushing action.
Dental and oral health problems in primary school students are in the high category. This is because efforts to improve the dental health behavior of school children are still not optimal. One effective prevention of these problems through the act of brushing your teeth diligently, thoroughly, and regularly. Proper dental health education is given to primary school students in the form of media packaged by learning while playing. Media promotion explosion teeth box is expected to change the behavior of brushing your child's teeth. The study aimed to develop the suitable and to examine the effect explosion teeth box promotion-based-media model to improve tooth brushing among primary school students. Research and Development (R&D) and product/model trials (quasi-experimental pre-test and post-test design-was applied in this study). The subjects of class III primary school students such as the intervention group and the control group. Experts validated the results of the model design. The results found that the average validation of explosion teeth box experts was 86.66 (very feasible) as a medium for promoting dental health in primary school students shown by the p-value (0.001). This model effectively increased tooth brushing (p=0.001) and decreased the index debris score (p=0.001) compared to the control group. The application of an explosion teeth box, which was carried out for ten days, effectively improved brushing teeth in primary school students compared to the control group
(1) Glick M, Williams DM, Kleinman DV, Vujicic M, Watt Rg, Weyant RJ. A new definition for oral health developed by the fdi world dental federation opens the door to a universal definition of oral health. British Dental Journal. 2016; 221 (12): 792.
(2) Gondivkar SM, Gadbail AR, Gondivkar RS, Sarode SC, Sarode GS, Patil S, et al. Nutrition and oral health. disease-a-month. 2019; 65 (6): 147-54.
(3) Hidaya N, Sinta MT. Overview of dental caries occurrences in primary school children. Babul Ilmi MultiScientific Journal of Health Science. 2018; 9 (1).
(4) Wright JT, Crall JJ, Fontana M, Gillette EJ, Nový BB, Dhar V, et al. Evidence-based clinical practice guideline for the use of pit-and-fissure sealants: a report of the american dental association and the american academy of pediatric dentistry. The Journal of the American Dental Association. 2016; 147 (8): 67282. E12.
(5) Notohartojo IT, Sihombing M. Risk factors in dental periodontal tissue disease in indonesia (riskesdas 2013) (risk factors on dental periodontal tissues disease in indonesia [riskesdas 2013]). Health Systems Research Bulletin. 2015; 18 (1): 8794.
(6) Yulisetyaningrum Y, Rujianto E. Relationship of consumption of type of kariogenic food with the occurrence of dental caries in children in Sdn Kudus Krandon. 2016
(7) Ministry of Health Republic Indonesia. Main Results Riskesdas 2018. Jakarta: Health Research and Development Agency, Ministry of Health. 2018.
(8) Mcbride N, Midford R, Cameron I. An empirical model for school health promotion: the western australian school health project model. Health Promotion International. 1999; 14 (1): 1725.
(9) Pratiwi DA, Susanto HS, Udiyono A. Overview of the implementation of school dental health (ukgs) business activities and student plaque score (study in primary and equivalent schools in the work area of Padangsari Public Health Center in Semarang City). Journal of Public Health (E-Journal). 2016; 4 (4): 3419.
(10) Paringan O. Development of learning media exploding box pop up 3d in thematic learning theme 5 subtems 1 in class iv primary school: University of Muhammadiyah Malang; 2018.
(11) Widyastuti S, at Seminar D, Editors. Learning while playing: communicative child educative methods. seminar of child education Teruna Bangsa School Klaten; 2010.
(12) Nasriya TZ. Development of learning media explosion box ecosystem component material in class v students mi perwanida blitar: State Islamic University of Maulana Malik Ibrahim; 2018.
(13) Tirtoni F. PKN Textbook: Title of Innovative Media Development Strategies in Pkn Learning in SD, Feri Tirtoni, M. Pd, 2019. Ilmi Publisher; 2019.
(14) Nindha Ayu Septiyani E. Toothbrushing behavior in school-age children: Muhammdiyah Ponorogo University; 2016
(15) Sihotang C, Sibuea AM. Development of contextual based textbooks with the theme "healthy is important." Journal of Information & Communication Technology in Education. 2015; 2 (2).
(16) Indramawan A, Suhartono S, Hafidhoh N, Editors. Learning media as an effort to increase the spirit of learning. National Education Seminar 2015; 2019.
(17) Sunati SF. Application of Contextual Teaching and Learning (CTL) Learning Model to Increase Ips Interest, Motivation, and Learning Activities in Class I V A Wates 4 Primary School, Kulon Progo Regency 2014/2015 Academic Year: Pgri University Yogyakarta; 2016
Sipnaturi ER, Farida F. Development of media explosion box based edutainment on mathematics learning. Indonesian Journal of Science and Mathematics Education. 2020; 3 (1): 57-65